Muir Machinery is committed to providing a quality and reliable service, while managing all facets of our operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Our Earthmoving Experience
Muir Machinery has been providing mining, civil and exploration earthmoving services throughout the Pilbara and Midwest regions of WA since 1985. Muir Machinery is based in Geraldton and also operates from a depot at Urala Station near Onslow, WA.
We currently provide mining and exploration earthmoving services to:
- Australian Premium Iron
- Mineral Resources
- Hancock Prospecting
- BC Iron
- and other smaller mining companies.
Past customers include:
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Robe River Mining
- Rio Tinto.
Civil works are also conducted throughout the Midwest.
Muir Machinery is a fully accredited supplier of services to Pilbara Iron, Hancock Prospecting, Fortescue Metals and Mineral Resources.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Site preparation and rehabilitation of drill sites and access tracks
- Bulk sample pits
- Seismic line preparation
- Road/track construction and maintenance
- Civil and construction works
- Rehabilitation and closure planning and implementation.
Muir Machinery is a family owned company located in Geraldton, managed and operated by Ian & Karen Hall.
Our operators are Senior First Aid and 4WD trained. Dave Muir and Ian Hall are certified workplace assessors so all operators come with an internal certification of competency for each item of heavy machinery.
Muir Machinery has public liability to $20,000,000 and a comprehensive Safety and Environmental Management System that includes:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Management Plans including but not limited to – incidents and hazards, lone and isolated work, alcohol and drugs, risk, hot work, heavy equipment, and dust
- Incident investigation procedures
- Standard operating procedures
- Equipment, Inspection and Training registers
- MSDS’s for hazardous materials.